I finally got my Visor working (read: capable of synchronization) last night. I had a little bit of trouble with the USBserial module with an earlier version of the kernel that I was using and a whole lot of trouble with the Gnome tools in conjunction with Evolution to the point where I started manually messing with nodes in /dev. That sucks and I'm not sure where exactly to place blame since I'm using the Gentoo ebuilds of both. I used a combination of the Pilot-link tools and J-Pilot to finally get things up and working. I'm seriously having misgivings about continuing to use Evolution as an everyday mail client since I don't use a good many of the features and I really don't like the 2.0 version of the client at all. I'm going to give Kmail another try since the last time I decided that I hated it was quite a while ago (uh, before KDE3 even) and I've been pretty pleased with the applications that KDE comes with even if I'm not the slightest bit interested in using the actual DE. I like going from paperweight to reading Crime and Punishment from the Visor on the bus but I'm still looking to squeeze a little more functionality out of the new toy.